Dovetail Games today launched the bustling German route, Nahverkehr Dresden, for Train Sim World 2: Rush Hour on PC via Steam and the Epic Games Store, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®5, the Xbox One family of devices including the Xbox One X, and Xbox Series X|S. This next roll out of fresh content of the popular train simulation series will bring much cheer as the route is set in the heart of Saxony countryside is available as part of the Rush Hour Season Ticket – which gives immediate access to Nahverkehr Dresden and Boston Sprinter as well as the upcoming London Commuter. The game released earlier this month and continues to entertain fans and build communities around the world with its distinctive gameplay and experience.
Nahverkehr Dresden is one of the busiest routes released for Train Sim World 2 to date. Experience complex operations out of the iconic Dresden Hbf, with commuters and international travelers converging to make a hustle and bustle mix of S-Bahn, regional, inter-city, and freight traffic. Dating back to the 1830s, the line between Dresden and Riesa is one of Germany’s first long-distance railways. Today the line’s importance keeps it busy, faster services beat the regional traffic using separate fast and slow lines that each take a different path through the Saxony countryside.
A busy network also means lots of trains. The Nahverkehr Dresden route features five locomotives to take control of. Take on the challenges of regional, S-Bahn and freight services with the DB BR 442, BR 143, BR 146.2 BR 363 and MRCE BR 185.5, plus take control of IC and ICE services with the BR 406 ICE 3M. All officially licensed and authentically recreated.
Get the Rush Hour Season Ticket for $39.99 / €39.99 / £34.99 or purchase the stand alone Nahverkehr Dresden route individually for $29.99 / €29.99 / £24.99. New operators can pick up the Train Sim World 2: Rush Hour Deluxe Edition bundle which includes Train Sim World 2 and the Rush Hour expansion, priced at $49.99 / €49.99 / £44.99.
More information about the new routes and features included in Train Sim World 2: Rush Hour can be found below:
- Nahverkehr Dresden: Conquer two paths through the Saxony countryside, whether Regional, Express, S-Bahn, or Inter-City Express. Climb aboard modern DB and MRCE traction and transport both passengers and freight alike on this complex route out of Dresden’s Central station. Available now.
- Boston Sprinter: Take control on the busiest and fastest passenger rail line in the United States and explore the famed Northeast Corridor between the two state capitals of Boston and Providence aboard iconic Amtrak and MBTA equipment. Available now.
- London Commuter: One of Britain’s most hectic main lines from the historic London Victoria, through the international hub of Gatwick Airport and into the country’s oldest railway seaside resort, Brighton. Operate both Southern and Gatwick Express locomotives through this challenging route mixing stopping, semi-fast, and express service. Coming soon.
- New Passenger System: Adding a greater variety of passengers, new clothing and increased volumes during peak times creates the feel of operating under real-world rush hour conditions on each station approach.
- Busy Network: A wide range of services on the route ensure that players see lots of traffic moving around traveling between each station. Take control of a service and face the challenge of keeping to time on this busy commuter route.
- Updated Immersion: Enjoy a newly updated immersion controller scheme that gives players quicker access to controls and camera views. Including the new ‘head out’ camera. Can you complete a service driving with the HUD switched off?
- Train Sim World 2 advanced simulation: Along with all of the new features, players can also enjoy all of the existing features of Train Sim World 2 on these new routes including creative tools like the Livery Designer and Scenario Planner, detailed tutorials and learning aids, as well as powerful realistic simulation thanks to the SimuGraph physics engine.
- Dovetail Live: Players can track and share progress of their Rush Hour experience with online stats, check the Driver Logbook to review performance, and Railfan Shots to capture and share the perfect moment.